recent blog posts
- Who Is Caring for the Caregivers?
- Is It Female Pattern Baldness—or Normal Hair Loss?
- Travels in Portugal: My River Cruise on the Douro
- My Travels to Portugal: Falling in Love With Lisbon
- Genetic Testing: Getting the Results
- THIS Is Why Breastfeeding Is So Important
- Help Put an End to Fat-Shaming
- Spare That Tire: The Truth About Middle-Age Belly Fat
- My Portuguese Cruise: Starting in Lisbon
- 5 Easy (and Free!) Ways to Be Happier
Wednesday, Aug 19th 2015
by Linda C. McGrath, PhD, CHES, IBCLC, LLLL, and Vincent R. McGrath, EdD
What if scientists created a product that would protect infants from developing chronic illnesses such as asthma, diabetes, obesity, respiratory infections and ear infections? What if this product could protect infants from developing allergies? What if this same product would also protect mothers from developing breast, ovarian and other types of cancers?
Wednesday, May 20th 2015
Pregnancy comes with many symptoms and side effects—morning sickness, exhaustion, cravings, mood swings, thicker hair and even sensitivity to smells. While these are generally normal, others may be cause for concern and even a sign of a pregnancy-related condition such as preeclampsia.
Monday, Dec 15th 2014
Wednesday, Nov 26th 2014
I always give thanks for the same things every year: family and friends. I’m still thankful for those things–of course!—but this year I’m inspired to give thanks for something I take for granted: my health.