recent blog posts
- The Tech Time Bomb: Will We Forget How to Talk and Listen?
- Are You the Child of a Narcissist?
- Celebrate National Better Hearing Month With a Free Screening
- The Day That Changed My Life Forever
- Are We Overusing Antibiotics?
- 5 Little Changes, 5-Plus Big Results
- 5 Hidden Weight-Loss Saboteurs
- Gluten-Free Snacks to Satisfy Your Spring Munchies
- 6 Simple Ways to Build Your Daughter's Self-Esteem
- When Bad Things Happen to Good Women
Friday, Nov 06th 2015
If you're pregnant and working in an office whose dress code isn't stretchy yoga pants-friendly, your bank account will take a hit. Business maternity clothes aren’t cheap. One dress can cost hundreds of dollars, and that’s just one outfit.
Wednesday, Oct 28th 2015
There are many reasons women need cesareans. For me, after 17 hours of labor, my daughter's heartbeat slowed down, which resulted in my emergency C-section.
I remember taking deep breaths as they prepped me for the surgery. My husband had to wait in the hall. All I could tell myself was, "soon you'll meet your daughter. Stay calm."
Wednesday, Aug 19th 2015
by Linda C. McGrath, PhD, CHES, IBCLC, LLLL, and Vincent R. McGrath, EdD
What if scientists created a product that would protect infants from developing chronic illnesses such as asthma, diabetes, obesity, respiratory infections and ear infections? What if this product could protect infants from developing allergies? What if this same product would also protect mothers from developing breast, ovarian and other types of cancers?
Wednesday, May 20th 2015
Pregnancy comes with many symptoms and side effects—morning sickness, exhaustion, cravings, mood swings, thicker hair and even sensitivity to smells. While these are generally normal, others may be cause for concern and even a sign of a pregnancy-related condition such as preeclampsia.
Monday, Dec 15th 2014