recent blog posts
- Self-Care for the Soul: An Interview With Life Coach Pamela Mulhearn
- Which Weight-Loss Program Works?
- Take Me Back to Warm Miami
- The Stomach Flu Myth
- Rebooting Your Exercise Routine
- Setting Intentions For 2015
- How Realistic Are Your Exercise and Weight-Loss Goals?
- So You Think You Can't … Avoid the Flu?
- 7 Ways I've Changed for the Better in 7 Years Post-50
- A Holiday Wish for Peace at Home
Monday, Dec 15th 2014
Wednesday, Nov 26th 2014
I always give thanks for the same things every year: family and friends. I’m still thankful for those things–of course!—but this year I’m inspired to give thanks for something I take for granted: my health.
Wednesday, Sep 24th 2014
I knew my daughter was smart. Just not this smart. Turns out the average tot learns an average of two to five new words every day. And, according to a new study led by University of Missouri researcher Judith Goodman, we can encourage our children's language development further by altering our teaching methods as they grow.
Wednesday, Sep 17th 2014
by Jenna Birch
It seems everyone has something to say to new moms about postpartum life. Opinions and "wisdom" abound from friends and family, but the person you turn to most often? Mom. Sometimes, she knows just what to say—and her words of wisdom turn out to be spot-on. But other times, you might raise an eyebrow at some of her advice.
Here are a few things moms always told us. We asked an expert if mom was right.