This baby food is for babies 6 to 9 months. It adds heart-healthy oats to classic applesauce and is packed with essential minerals, fatty acids and vitamins.
- 3 apples
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon oats
- 2 tablespoons formula or breast milk
- Agave or honey for sweetening (optional)
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples. Place the apples and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Then reduce heat, cover and cook until the texture is soft (approximately 10-15 minutes).
- Stir in the cinnamon.
- Remove the apples from stove and puree in a blender, mixer or food processor until smooth.
- Cool the mixture in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Before serving, warm one portion (about 2 tablespoons) of the apple mixture and add the oats and formula or breast milk. Stir gently.
- Test for temperature and taste before serving. Sweeten with agave or honey, if desired.
You might be interested in