Thank you for your interest in working at HealthyWomen. Please see our current job openings below.
HealthyWomen is an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don't discriminate against people because of their race, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, personal appearance, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, genetic information, or political affiliation.
The Vice President of Digital Strategy is a senior leadership role, reporting to the CEO of HealthyWomen. This role is responsible for the strategy, development and execution of HealthyWomen's multi-platform digital growth so the organization can deliver its mission. In this role, you will define the digital growth strategy as well as lead a cross-functional Digital team. You'll be responsible for working with web developers and engineers to ideate, build and deliver effective user experience on HealthyWomen.org; define and deliver an effective content strategy of robust health news that educates women (we discuss topics like clinical trials, sex differences, health disparities in health conditions; not just fitness & nutrition); increase web traffic; grow a captive audience on social media channels; refine and develop digital deliverables offered (assessment tools, videos, etc.); boost analytics capabilities and translate analytics for cross-sectoral leadership to be able to make data-driven decisions; ensure our funded programs and funded content meet KPIs and lead to phase II funding; and grow HealthyWomen's network of ambassadors, patient advocates, influencers and partners (both other digital sites and non-profits.)
The ideal candidate will be able to make data-driven decisions in a fast-paced environment and understand how to grow the organization's reach across its website and social channels. This candidate will also ensure HealthyWomen maintains its authoritative voice through high-quality, robust content and deliverables.
This is a highly strategic, cross-functional leadership role that will manage a small team, and require working closely with the CEO and the leads of Marketing & Communications, Development, and Policy.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Create best possible UX for target audience; familiarity with back-end site management
- Track site- and social-wide analytics and present dashboards to the Board and organization to enable data-driven decisions; familiarity with Google Analytics, Google DataStudio, social media management platforms & analytics
- Develop and drive strategy for native content strategy, including overseeing original health reporting, Real Women Real Stories vertical, policy content, while utilizing best SEO/SEM practices
- Oversee successful implementation of funded Programs and funded content
- Lead Newsletter strategy ideation and implementation, using industry best practices and familiarity with A/B testing
- Lead digital product creation and strategy (new deliverables and products for our consumer audience) and define new growth opportunities by working with engineers
- Lead social media strategy, including paid marketing strategy, & grow engagement in target demographic
- Liaise with internal divisions—Development, Communications & Marketing, Policy, Science & Technology—to drive successful cross-functional strategy
- Utilize analytics/personas to better understand key HealthyWomen's audience and needs, including overseeing market research and working with data & analytics firms
- Comfort with rolling up sleeves to complete the tactical work (video edit; make graphics for social media; write social media posts; write & edit content; build survey; jump into the back-end of the website) as needed
- Stay abreast of new technology and platforms, and best practices, that will drive growth strategy
- At least 10 years of digital strategy experience, including digital marketing (social media, paid strategy) and content strategy; strong preference for experience in health or health & wellness space
- Agency experience in health care a must
- Experience working with the back-end of a website
- Experience liaising with internal stakeholders & leadership
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to present to Board and other external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Up to $120K
If interested, please fill out this form.
The Director of Marketing and Communications (DMC) role is to create innovative and smart solutions to help the HealthyWomen brand and the programs we create stand out in highly competitive markets. She/he will have the ability to design and direct a comprehensive plan that advances HealthyWomen's communications in a compelling, consistent and cohesive way; ensure the editorial and visual integrity of HealthyWomen corporate information to key audiences; and develop and lead strategic communications campaigns in support of funded program goals.
The DMC works closely with the Digital and Program Education teams on new program ideation, ensuring each program comes with well thought through plans and development of innovative outreach experiences. She/He will oversee the management of any media and partnership tactics included within the scope of program proposals or for other HealthyWomen initiatives and campaigns. The DMC also works with the Development team on ideating for creative/monetized tactics and elements to include within proposals specific to partnership engagement, media activities (both paid and earned) and leveraging experts through HealthyWomen. This role also contributes to all event planning and execution, from initial ideation and day-of on-site support to post-event follow-up.
The DMC will oversee and coordinate communications internally to the staff, Board of Directors (BOD), Corporate Advisory Council (CAC), Women's Health Advisory Council (WHAC), as well as to our external audiences, including industry, media, partner organizations, health care professional groups and other individuals and groups.
The DMC works closely with the CEO and other senior leadership on communications to the Board of Directors and Corporate Advisory Board, including providing support for telecoms and in-person meetings and presentations. This role includes working closely with senior leadership on message development for media interviews, external presentations and communications collateral, both internal and external.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience in health and wellness communications; has a strong background in digital platforms; is able to act swiftly while juggling various projects at once; is a problem-solver who is willing to test and find what works; and has the ability to manage a small creative team. This candidate will have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and is independent and able to work on a remote team.
If interested, please fill out this form.
HealthyWomen, the nation's leading independent health information source for women, is looking to hire its next Program Director with strong digital production and digital marketing experience to lead the development of strategic, “big-picture," impactful, creative and engaging content for all our programs--including branded educational campaigns, events, and scientific roundtables. This role will help HealthyWomen ensure our funded (sponsored) digital assets and content developed serves our audience of women 35+, engages women creatively, meets HealthyWomen's editorial standards, fulfills the program's objectives, and ensures HealthyWomen remains unique and competitive.
As Program Director, you will report to the Vice President of Digital Strategy. You will be responsible for leading the ideation, development and implementation of customized wellness and health programs targeting women 35-64. Your day-to-day will consist of working closely with our funders (clients) to understand their goals and desired outcomes along with members from our development team. Based on these objectives, you will be responsible for working with the development team to create and present a customized, impactful Phase 1 program. These conversations should also help inform the design of Phase 2 programming. In the implementation phase, you will effectively manage a team of vendors (videographers, graphic designers, etc.), writers, and social media managers to: ensure content quality aligns with HealthyWomen's standards; ensure paid social media marketing tactics maintain our account health and drive results; measure outcomes of a program; and track ROI of a program to ensure the funder's satisfaction.
This role is cross-functional and includes working closely with HealthyWomen's development team to help ideate on content deliverables, and HealthyWomen's Executive Editor to ensure consistency in standard and tone across the site. You will also work with key members of the Digital team to ensure the program is innovative and engaging when distributed on the site, across social media (for example, video, social media collaborations, partner engagement, paid social media marketing), and via e-mail e-newsletters. You will also engage HealthyWomen's technical advisors to ensure program content meets educational objectives, the client's needs, and informs our audience with actionable, relevant insights into their health. Background in health content delivery or programming is strongly preferred
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Participation in brainstorming sessions with development and account management teams to answer high influx of RFPs; and on pitch calls to understand goals, objectives and needs of our clients (includes ability to create client-specific presentations).
- Creating robust, creative digital program deliverables (big-picture ideation)
- Setting content marketing strategy, paid social media marketing strategy, and outcome measurement as part of every program, with HealthyWomen's and client's needs in mind
- Creating SOW for the digital program and costs for development
- Managing freelance writers, video producers, graphic designers, SEM consultants and social media managers
- Ensuring timely delivery of content
- Tracking success of programs that can lead into Phase 2 programming conversations
- Working cross-departmentally with the development and digital teams to strategically create omni-channel proposals
- Managing the client's expectations, while ensuring we protect and managing the HW brand
- Creating effective and engaging communication of those opportunities in writing and in person
- Developing and managing paid social media marketing budgets
- Creating and updating presentations, sell sheets, mailers, and other tools to support advertising and sales efforts
- Operating with a superior level of client service in all client-facing communication
Preferred candidates have:
- 7-10 years of strong programmatic experience, ideally with background in driving health programs or branded content in the health and wellness space from a magazine or digital publication
- digital production experience (you understand how to engage an audience via digital platforms)
- digital marketing experience; understanding of how to responsibly present scientific research to a general audience
- an interest in midlife women's health and wellness
- ability to recruit and manage a remote team of writers and contractors.
If interested, please fill out this form.
HealthyWomen, the nation's leading independent health information source for women, seeks a full-time Program Coordinator to help develop, implement, and manage the organization's growing portfolio of health awareness and education programs. This individual must be passionate about women's health, highly motivated, and ready to contribute to the goals of strengthening HealthyWomen's programs and the organization.
The Program Coordinator will be part of the Programs Department, which develops and implements education and awareness campaigns and programs for the public, as well as health professionals and other stakeholders, on topics of importance to women, particularly midlife women from ages 35 to 64. For more information, please visit www.healthywomen.org
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, edit, and disseminate health information to different audiences in a variety of formats.
- Work collaboratively across the organization on successfully planning and implementing HealthyWomen's programs.
- Coordinate with partner organizations for execution and promotion of programs.
- Support communications team in developing and implementing communications and promotional strategies related to these programs.
- Working with communications and digital teams to help support/ liaison for vendors, such as design, printing, and video production.
- Assist with planning and implementation of meetings, roundtables, panels, etc., including coordinating logistics, scheduling, and agendas.
- Provide project management expertise and engage with medical experts to ensure timely and efficient review of materials that achieve programmatic goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects of various sizes, pressing timelines, and associated deliverables.
- Perform additional responsibilities
- Commitment to HealthyWomen's mission and core values and passionate about women's health
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Excellent organizational and time management skills combined the ability to handle multiple shifting priorities
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including editing skills and the ability to translate complex ideas into clear, easy-to-understand concepts
- Strong project management, monitoring and execution skills
- Ability to work successfully with partners on coordinated execution of projects
- Understanding of health literacy, cultural sensitivity, and usability
- Ability to work independently or with small teams
- Strong understanding of developing content and campaigns for the Web and optimizing content for user experience is a plus
- Responsible, flexible, collaborative and hard-working
- Bachelor's degree in a health-related field is required. Graduate degree in public health or similar discipline preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years' professional experience writing health educational material for consumers or other audiences is required.
This is a part-time position for 30hrs/week.
To apply: Please fill out this form.
HealthyWomen, the nation's leading independent health information source for women, is looking to a hire its next Community Management Manager to help us manage and grow our communities on 5 social media platforms and newsletters. This role will help HealthyWomen engage and expand our reach to more women 35+ on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. You will grow our uplifting online community that aims to inform and empower women to take charge of their own health.
As a key member of HealthyWomen's Digital Team, you will be responsible for growing a captive audience primarily via the organization's social media channels and newsletters. In this role, you will be responsible for the multi-channel content creation (creativity to make graphics and videos is a must!) and execution of HealthyWomen's organic and paid social media strategy; newsletter strategy; managing & growing HealthyWomen's Brand Ambassador network (influencers); and implementing social posts from our partner organizations.
The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of experience in digital storytelling across social channels and newsletters; is skilled in content creation (graphics and video); knowledgeable about the latest social media skills; passionate about telling an inspiring, engaging brand story; is a problem-solver who is willing test and find what works; knowledgeable and interested in women's health and wellness; has excellent communication skills (both written and verbal); and is independent and able to work on a remote team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Produce daily posts for social media accounts, including Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Engage with users
- Create posts and strategy for our funded (branded) campaigns
- Create and drive paid social media strategy for the organization, including our funded (branded) campaigns
- Create shareable visual social media graphics
- Create shareable videos for social media
- Track social media analytics and report on metrics to senior leadership
- Provide guidance on social media best practices to our sponsors & partners
- Research social influencers in our target demographic
- Research trending conversations in women's health and wellness on social media
- 3-5 years of social media marketing experience for a brand
- Experience with using popular social media platforms & social media management platform (we use Sprout Social)
- Photoshop or Canva design experience to create social media graphics
- Video producing and editing
- Interest in women's health and wellness
- A keen eye for selecting viral content
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while maintaining attention to detail
- Experience tracking social media analytics and reporting on it
- Occasional in-person travel to meetings or events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
This position is full-time, remote, and offers flexibility.
To Apply: Please fill out this form with your resume, cover letter and social media handles to: https://forms.gle/UFzhdQxE3L9Uj5y96