Thank you for your interest in working at HealthyWomen. Please see our current job openings below.
HealthyWomen is an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don't discriminate against people because of their race, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, personal appearance, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, genetic information, or political affiliation.
The Vice President of Digital Strategy is a senior leadership role, reporting to the CEO of HealthyWomen. This role is responsible for the strategy, development and execution of HealthyWomen's multi-platform digital growth so the organization can deliver its mission. In this role, you will define the digital growth strategy as well as lead a cross-functional Digital team. You'll be responsible for working with web developers and engineers to ideate, build and deliver effective user experience on HealthyWomen.org; define and deliver an effective content strategy of robust health news that educates women (we discuss topics like clinical trials, sex differences, health disparities in health conditions; not just fitness & nutrition); increase web traffic; grow a captive audience on social media channels; refine and develop digital deliverables offered (assessment tools, videos, etc.); boost analytics capabilities and translate analytics for cross-sectoral leadership to be able to make data-driven decisions; ensure our funded programs and funded content meet KPIs and lead to phase II funding; and grow HealthyWomen's network of ambassadors, patient advocates, influencers and partners (both other digital sites and non-profits.)
The ideal candidate will be able to make data-driven decisions in a fast-paced environment and understand how to grow the organization's reach across its website and social channels. This candidate will also ensure HealthyWomen maintains its authoritative voice through high-quality, robust content and deliverables.
This is a highly strategic, cross-functional leadership role that will manage a small team, and require working closely with the CEO and the leads of Marketing & Communications, Development, and Policy.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Create best possible UX for target audience; familiarity with back-end site management
- Track site- and social-wide analytics and present dashboards to the Board and organization to enable data-driven decisions; familiarity with Google Analytics, Google DataStudio, social media management platforms & analytics
- Develop and drive strategy for native content strategy, including overseeing original health reporting, Real Women Real Stories vertical, policy content, while utilizing best SEO/SEM practices
- Oversee successful implementation of funded Programs and funded content
- Lead Newsletter strategy ideation and implementation, using industry best practices and familiarity with A/B testing
- Lead digital product creation and strategy (new deliverables and products for our consumer audience) and define new growth opportunities by working with engineers
- Lead social media strategy, including paid marketing strategy, & grow engagement in target demographic
- Liaise with internal divisions—Development, Communications & Marketing, Policy, Science & Technology—to drive successful cross-functional strategy
- Utilize analytics/personas to better understand key HealthyWomen's audience and needs, including overseeing market research and working with data & analytics firms
- Comfort with rolling up sleeves to complete the tactical work (video edit; make graphics for social media; write social media posts; write & edit content; build survey; jump into the back-end of the website) as needed
- Stay abreast of new technology and platforms, and best practices, that will drive growth strategy
- At least 10 years of digital strategy experience, including digital marketing (social media, paid strategy) and content strategy; strong preference for experience in health or health & wellness space
- Agency experience in health care a must
- Experience working with the back-end of a website
- Experience liaising with internal stakeholders & leadership
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to present to Board and other external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If interested, please fill out this form.