Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 0 Min
Ready In: 10 Min
This quick and easy summer salad is best with garden-fresh tomatoes and cucumbers, but can be made any time of year using store-bought cherry or grape tomatoes and cucumbers.
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in halves or quarters (or tomato of any kind, chopped bite-size)
- 1 medium-size cucumber, sliced in bite-size pieces (quartered slices)
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese, more or less to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (or chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, oregano and thyme)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut tomatoes and cucumbers in bite-size pieces. Mix all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Serve chilled or at room temperature on salad plates.
- Notes: If you don't like cucumber seeds, use an English or hot-house cucumber, which has smaller seeds. If you aren't a fan of blue cheese, you may substitute feta or parmesan. You can make a single serving using a handful of tomatoes, about 1/3 of a cucumber and similar reductions in the other ingredients.
Recipe from Marie Mangum Maddox.