Prep Time: 10 Min, plus chilling time
Cook Time: 0
Ready In: 10 Min, plus chilling time
This protein-packed salad is diabetes-friendly and heart-healthy, too. Perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh (never frozen) cooked bay shrimp
- 1 medium head Boston lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium head radicchio lettuce, shredded
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, shallots, mustard, horseradish and pepper. Add the shrimp and toss well. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, combine the lettuce and radicchio in a serving bowl. Place the shrimp mixture on top, toss, and serve.
- Note: Vary this recipe by using pan-seared scallops or leftover rotisserie chicken instead of shrimp.
Per serving (1/3 cup shrimp and marinade plus ½ cup lettuce and radicchio):Choices/exchanges 1 nonstarchy vegetable; 2 lean protein; 2 fat; calories 200 (from fat 130); fat 14 g (saturated 1.9g, trans 0.0g); cholesterol 105 mg; sodium 140 mg; potassium 400 mg; total carbohydrate 5 g (dietary fiber 1 g, sugars 1 g); protein 15 g; phosphorus 175 mg.