recent blog posts
- Quadruple Amputee Mom Grateful to Celebrate Thanksgiving with Her Family
- "Study Drugs" Pose Serious Health Risks During Finals
- So You Think You Can't … Avoid a Food Coma?
- Raising Awareness of Alzheimer's Disease
- Thankful for Good Health
- Taking a Break From TV—and Loving It
- Oatmeal: It’s Not Just for Breakfast
- Diane Keaton Imparts Her Wisdom on Aging
- Baby Boomers Ready to Rock Old Age
- So You Think You Can't … Cut Your Risk of Diabetes?
Tuesday, Nov 25th 2014
by Su Robotti
Friday, Nov 21st 2014
When you count your blessings this Thanksgiving, will you be grateful for good health?
HealthyWomen wanted to know, so we conducted an informal online poll and asked survey participants to share what they'll give thanks for this holiday. We're gratified to find out that 92% of you are thankful for your health. Here's how it broke down:
Thursday, Oct 23rd 2014
Thursday, Oct 16th 2014
Arm jiggle. Most of us have it to some degree. This week’s exercise helps tone the jiggliest part of your arm while challenging your core with stabilization work.
SO … ARE YOU READY?
Tuesday, Oct 14th 2014
No matter how many times you wash your hands or how conscious you are about not touching your face, seasonal influenza—the flu—has a simple way of sneaking into your system: through conversation.
That's right: the flu can spread by talking.
Thursday, Oct 02nd 2014
I love a good plank exercise. I’ve cranked out this do-anywhere move while playing with my 13-month-old, during TV commercial breaks, while dinner is cooking, etc.