recent blog posts
- Living Well While Battling Breast Cancer
- Defining Moments: The Wake-up Call of Cancer
- 20 Baby Names Proved to Belong to Children on the “Naughty” List
- Are You in a Postmenopausal Desert?
- The Silent Killer: One Woman’s Story of High Blood Pressure
- The 5 Stages of Holiday Stress
- Are You an Elephant Mom or a Tiger Mom?
- Do You Like Surprise Gifts or Gifts From Your Wish List?
- HealthyWomen's Holiday Gift Guide—For You to Give or Get
- A Special Twist on a Favorite Hanukkah Dish: Moroccan Potato Latkes
Thursday, Dec 11th 2014
Everyone talks about holiday stress, but most of us don’t do anything about it. Maybe we could handle it better if we thought of it as an inevitable process—sort of like the five stages of grief.
First, as with grief, there’s denial. Christmas really isn’t coming in just a few months/weeks/days, is it?
Tuesday, Nov 25th 2014
by Su Robotti
Friday, Nov 21st 2014
When you count your blessings this Thanksgiving, will you be grateful for good health?
HealthyWomen wanted to know, so we conducted an informal online poll and asked survey participants to share what they'll give thanks for this holiday. We're gratified to find out that 92% of you are thankful for your health. Here's how it broke down:
Thursday, Oct 23rd 2014
Thursday, Oct 16th 2014
Arm jiggle. Most of us have it to some degree. This week’s exercise helps tone the jiggliest part of your arm while challenging your core with stabilization work.
SO … ARE YOU READY?
Tuesday, Oct 14th 2014
No matter how many times you wash your hands or how conscious you are about not touching your face, seasonal influenza—the flu—has a simple way of sneaking into your system: through conversation.
That's right: the flu can spread by talking.