recent blog posts
- Fabulous Fall Fashions Roundup
- #TotalBodyThursday: Dead Lift to Overhead Press
- Mom's Postpartum Advice: True or False?
- So You Think You Can't … Stay Up-to-Date on Breast Cancer?
- Healthy Eating Amidst the Mess of Remodeling Our Kitchen
- Boomers Play Role In Changing Family Trends
- 10 Essential Vitamins and Nutrients Every Child Needs
- How to Tell if Your Child Has the EV-D68 Respiratory Virus
- #TotalBodyThursday: Burpee Exercise
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Suffering From Hyperemesis Gravidarum AGAIN
Thursday, Sep 18th 2014
This move is a booty-sculpting secret. When I was getting in shape for my wedding four years ago, I discovered dead lifts. The key is to not lift with your back, which could cause injury. Really focus on lifting with your legs and butt.
SO … ARE YOU READY?
Thursday, Sep 11th 2014
I'm going to be honest: I hate this exercise. That said, it's super effective at torching calories and sculpting lean muscle.
Brace yourself and get ready for a metabolism-spiking exercise.
SO … ARE YOU READY?
Monday, Sep 08th 2014
On harried, hurried school mornings, it may seem sugary cereal with milk is the easiest breakfast option.
The truth: It doesn't take long to serve a healthy breakfast—and the benefits are well worth the effort.
Wednesday, Sep 03rd 2014
Close your eyes. This is how nearly 15 million seniors in the United States are living—battling severe vision loss and legal blindness due to age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
Thursday, Aug 28th 2014
The best exercises are the ones that almost make you fall over. When you challenge your balance, you challenge your core while calling on your other muscles for backup.
Monday, Aug 25th 2014
Have you ever watched the medical drama House on TV and wished your real-life doctor had the diagnostic skills of Dr. Gregory House (played by Hugh Laurie)? He diagnoses even the most obscure diseases—quickly and without fail.
Thursday, Aug 21st 2014
In the past month I've lost nearly 5 pounds. Want to know my secret? I am constantly chasing my daughter Lena—who is almost 1!—around the house. Well, that plus a few other things …
How I keep active:
Tuesday, Aug 19th 2014
by Alyssa Rapp, Founder & CEO, Bottlenotes, Inc.
It seems hard to believe that summer is already drawing to a close. Nonetheless, there are still a few crucial warm-weather weekends that are ripe opportunities for summer entertaining and en plein air eating and drinking.