recent blog posts
- #TotalBodyThursday: Bicycle Crunch Exercise
- Back From the Blogosphere—BlogHer '14 Recap
- Aches and Pains: From Denial to Acceptance
- #TotalBodyThursday: Lunge Exercise
- Free to Be Me at BlogHer '14 Conference
- So You Think You Can’t … Beat the Summer Heat
- The Beauty Benefits of Papaya
- #TotalBodyThursday: Dip Exercise
- In Defense of Eating Right
- Packing a Perfect Suitcase
Thursday, Jul 31st 2014
It's easier to skip the gym if you're exercising solo, so I try and make gym dates with friends. I also find I get a better workout and push myself harder knowing someone else is sweating it out with me. Plus, I guess my competitive side kicks in a little.
Thursday, Jul 17th 2014
Tuesday, Jul 01st 2014
Great news: HealthyWomen is teaming with Boot Camp Hub to offer women a free Get Fit Challenge. The eight-week online training starts Monday, July 7, and continues for eight weeks, ending just before Labor Day. If you want to lose a few pounds or just feel fit and have more energy, watch HealthyWomen.org for more details.
Trust Me, It Works!
Wednesday, Jun 18th 2014
Since I'm just getting back into an exercise routine, my muscles are sore. But there's something about the burn that makes me feel accomplished and empowered to keep at it. No pain, no gain, right? Plus, I have all of you to inspire me!
Monday, Jun 16th 2014
by Alyssa Rapp, Founder & CEO, Bottlenotes, Inc.
The next time you raise your glass, keep these key health benefits of wine for women, as reported by The Daily Sip®, in mind (Note: Health benefits of wine apply when consumed in moderation vs. in excess, NOT when pregnant, etc.):