This baked fish dish steams in parchment paper packets and makes a healthy meal for people with heart disease or diabetes.
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 30 Min
Ready In: 45 Min
- 4 salmon fillets (3-6 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large carrots, sliced in thin strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2-inch piece of ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- Fennel fronds, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place 4 large sheets of parchment paper on a baking pan.
- Generously season each salmon fillet with salt and pepper, rubbing it down the front and back of the fish.
- Create a bed of carrots, onion and ginger in center of each piece of paper and top each with a salmon fillet.
- Sprinkle cumin and lemon over the fish, and then drizzle with butter.
- Fold the paper into a packet around the fish and vegetables and crimp the edges to seal tightly. Bake for about 30 minutes.
- To serve, open each packet carefully, using a fork to avoid the steam. Garnish each portion with slices of lemon and lime and top with fennel (if using).