A new study, published in Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism, found that eating oatmeal for breakfast results in greater fullness, less hunger and fewer calories eaten at lunch—especially if you're overweight.
- 1/2 cup Quaker Oats (Quick or Old Fashioned)
- 2 tablespoons diced strawberries
- 4-5 fresh raspberries
- 3 fresh cherries, pitted and halved (or 1 tablespoon dried cherries)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Prepare oatmeal as directed.
- Top with fruit, drizzle with honey and enjoy.
Note: You may also try adding 2 teaspoons dried currants or dried cranberries to create a "four red fruit" experience.
This recipe is created by Sam Stephens, Quaker's creative oatmeal officer.