Baked apples make a delicious and nutritious side dish with roasted or grilled pork or chicken.
Prep Time: 5 Min
Cook Time: 30 Min
Ready In: 35 Min
- 3 medium apples (any kind)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon brown or white sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Wash and core apples and then cut into wedges. Spray a small baking dish with cooking spray. Place apple wedges in dish and mix in dried cranberries, if using.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Top with nuts, if desired.
- Bake in 400-degree oven for about 30 minutes or until apples are soft, stirring occasionally. Near the end, drizzle butter over top and stir.
- Note: This dish can be doubled for a family of 4. If you're making a small amount, you can bake it in your toaster oven. Cover the baking tray with foil and put the apples right on the tray.
This recipe is from Marcia Mangum Cronin.
You might be interested in