This blend of eggs and colorful vegetables makes a deliciously nutritious single-dish meal for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner.
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 20 Min
Ready In: 30 Min
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium unpeeled red potatoes
- 4 cups Italian kale or other kale variety
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1. Beat eggs, pepper and salt in large bowl and set aside.
2. Microwave potatoes until slightly soft but not completely cooked, then cube. (Alternate method without microwave: cube potatoes and boil 5 minutes until slightly soft; drain.)
3. While potatoes cool, chop kale, onion and bell pepper. Mix all vegetables together.
4. Heat oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet. Sauté vegetables for 5-8 minutes. Add to eggs and mix well.
5. Pour egg-vegetable mixture into the same skillet. Cook over low to medium heat until eggs are almost set, about 8-10 minutes.
6. Cover and let sit until eggs are completely set, about 5 minutes. Egg dishes should be cooked to 160°F.
Amount per serving: Calories: 180; Total Fat: 7 g; Saturated Fat: 2 g; Cholesterol: 185 mg; Sodium: 240 mg; Carbohydrate: 22 g; Fiber: 3 g; Protein, 9 g.