Yorkshire pudding is a classic English accompaniment to roast beef and gravy. It can be made without beef drippings, but it's even tastier with them.
Prep Time: 5 Min
Cook Time: 20 Min
Ready In: 25 Min
Servings: 9 puddings
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or beef drippings
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put 1 teaspoon of oil or drippings in 9 cups of a muffin or popover pan and heat until very hot (being careful not to burn the oil).
- Meanwhile, beat together the milk and eggs until light and foamy. Sift the flour and salt and then stir into milk mixture.
- Carefully remove muffin pan from oven and pour mixture into the greased cups of pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until puffed, golden brown and crisp. Don't open the oven door until they're done. Serve immediately.