Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: None
Ready In: 10 Min
- 1 cup BPA-free canned beans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Dash red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cups fresh greens (spinach, arugula or mesclun greens)
In a medium bowl, mix the beans with the lemon juice, parsley, garlic, oil, salt and pepper flakes. Place the greens on a plate and top with the white bean mixture.
Tip: A citrus squeezer will make it easy to extract the lemon juice.
Recipe courtesy of Kathie Swift, an author, educator and integrative clinical nutritionist. She is coauthor of The Inside Tract: Your Good Gut Guide to Health, and her new book, The Swift Diet, will be released in fall 2014. Find more nutrition information and recipes at www.kathieswift.com.