The editorial team and staff of HealthyWomen.Full Bio
Learn about our editorial policies
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: None
Ready In: 10 Min
- 1 cup BPA-free canned beans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Dash red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cups fresh greens (spinach, arugula or mesclun greens)
In a medium bowl, mix the beans with the lemon juice, parsley, garlic, oil, salt and pepper flakes. Place the greens on a plate and top with the white bean mixture.
Tip: A citrus squeezer will make it easy to extract the lemon juice.
Recipe courtesy of Kathie Swift, an author, educator and integrative clinical nutritionist. She is coauthor of The Inside Tract: Your Good Gut Guide to Health, and her new book, The Swift Diet, will be released in fall 2014. Find more nutrition information and recipes at www.kathieswift.com.
You might be interested in