Combine watermelon with some savory and spicy ingredients for a refreshing twist in this simple and quick gazpacho recipe.
Prep Time: 30 Min
Cook Time: 0 Min
Ready In: 30 Min
- 4 cups cubed, seeded watermelon (divided)
- 1 cucumber, peeled, coarsley chopped (divided)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix 1 cup of cubed watermelon and 1/2 of chopped cucumber; set aside.
- Process remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender until puréed.
- Transfer all ingredients to a large bowl and stir.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Amount per serving: Calories: 70; Total Fat: 1.5 g; Saturated Fat: 0 g; Sodium: 0 mg; Carbohydrate: 13 g; Fiber: 1 g; Protein, 8 g.