Make a big pot of this veggie soup and you'll have healthy lunches or dinners to last several days.
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 30 Min
Ready In: 45 Min
- 1/4 stick butter (or 3 tablespoons olive oil)
- 2 onions, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 4 inches celery, diced
- 1/4 bell pepper, any color, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, if desired
- 1 cup corn or other canned or frozen vegetables, cut into small pieces
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- Water or vegetable broth
- 2 cups macaroni or other shaped pasta
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, melt the butter.
- Add onions, carrots, celery and bell pepper and sauté until soft but not browned, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and Italian seasoning and stir for about 1 minute. Add corn and tomatoes and stir until heated through.
- Add enough water or broth to create the desired amount of soup. Raise heat to medium-high and stir in macaroni. Bring to a boil and cook, uncovered, about 10 minutes, or until pasta is cooked through.
- Remove pot from heat and add baby spinach. Season with salt and pepper.