This soup provides a big bang for the buck because of the high water content combined with the carbs, fiber and protein from the vegetables. It's a high-volume meal, so you'll feel full longer.
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 25 Min
Ready In: 40 Min
- 2/3 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups fat-free broth (any flavor)
- 1 1/2 cups diced green cabbage
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- In large saucepan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, sauté the carrot, onion and garlic over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, cabbage, beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano and salt. Bring to a boil. Simmer, covered about 15 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Stir in the zucchini and heat 3-4 minutes. Serve hot.