Use up those holiday leftovers in this delicious and easy turkey pot pie.
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 40 Min
Ready In: 55 Min
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 1/2 cups cooked mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, green beans, etc.)
- 1 cup diced cooked potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground poultry seasoning or sage
- 3 cups milk
- 1 9” two-crust pastry
- Combine turkey, vegetables and potatoes in a large bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour, salt and seasonings. Gradually add milk, whisking continually until mixture thickens.
- Stir the mixture into the turkey and vegetables.
- Place 1 prepared pastry crust in a pie pan. Pour the turkey mixture into the crust and cover with a top crust. Seal and flute the crust edges. Slit the top crust in several places. Place pie pan on a baking sheet to catch any drips and bake at 425 degrees for 35-40 minutes.