Use fresh tuna to dress up this salad or canned tuna when you're in a hurry. Either way, it packs plenty of healthy omega-3 fatty acids, along with lots of other healthy nutrients—and delicious flavors!
- 1 small cucumber
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves, washed and torn in bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 tomato, cut in wedges
- 10-12 olives, cut into rings
- 3-4 ounces canned tuna (or fresh tuna, seared and chilled)
- 1-2 ounces feta, crumbled
- Onion, thinly sliced in rings
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (or 1/2 tablespoon fresh oregano)
- Peel and seed the cucumber and cut into 1-inch chunks. Place the cucumber and lettuce in a salad bowl.
- Arrange the tomato wedges around the dish. Top with the olive rings, tuna, feta and onion rings. Refrigerate until chilled.
- For the vinaigrette: Mix all the vinaigrette ingredients thoroughly.
- To serve, top the salad with the vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper.