Tofu dip adds protein to your vegetables, with less fat than other dips and no cholesterol. Pack some for a summer picnic.
Prep Time: 5 Min
Cook Time: 0
Ready In: 5 Min
Servings: about 1 ½ cups
- 1 (14-ounce) package silken tofu
- 5 tablespoons soybean oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- Drain tofu and put it in a food processor.
- Add all other ingredients and blend until smooth. If the consistency is too thick, add a little water.
Variation: For a fruit dip, use 1 1/2 cups soft tofu, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
Recipe courtesy of The Soyfoods Council.