This simple recipe creates a fresh-as-summer fish dish any time of year with the island flavors of mango, tomato and red pepper. You can spice up the salsa with a little jalapeño or cayenne pepper, if you like the heat.
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 30 Min
Ready In: 40 Min
- 1 mango, chopped
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4-6 medium tilapia fillets
- Using a food processor, combine mango, tomatoes, peppers, basil, olive oil and salt and pepper until ingredients are roughly chopped, with a salsa-like consistency.
- Place the tilapia in a greased baking dish and spoon the salsa mixture over the fish. Cover with foil.
- Bake in 400-degree oven for approximately 20 minutes. Then remove foil and bake uncovered for another 10 minutes.