This healthy salad recipe makes enough to serve a crowd. Take it to your next cookout, and you may be less tempted to eat some unhealthier side dishes.
- 2 cups bulgur
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 cucumbers
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 6 spring onions
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 bunch of fresh mint, finely chopped
- Cook the bulgur according to package directions, and then strain.
- In a large bowl, season the bulgur with the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Remove seeds from the peppers. Cut the peppers and cucumbers into small pieces and add to the bulgur, along with chopped tomatoes.
- Thinly slice the spring onions and add to the bulgur. Season with salt and pepper. Mix everything together.
- Let cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Add the fresh mint before serving.
You might be interested in