Submitted by Becca Friedman
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 cans diced/peeled tomatoes (or 3-4 fresh tomatoes, diced)
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp of your favorite curry powder/mix
- salt, to taste
- 1 mashed/cooked sweet potato
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup shredded light mozzarella (or paneer or similar soft mellow cheese)
- 1 1/3 cup boiled chicken, shredded/minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, julienned
- 1/2 tsp of your favorite curry powder/mix
- 3 1/2 cup flour (plus more for rolling dough out)
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- A few leaves of fresh basil
- pinch of sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp water
Note: You can also use wonton wrappers found in your local grocery store or Asian market instead of making your own dough
1. Combine olive oil, onion, and garlic in a pot and heat until translucent.
2. Add chili flakes, sugar, and tomatoes and cook down to soften tomato pieces.
3. After about 15 minutes, add can of cocount milk, curry, and salt to taste.
1. Mash sweet potato with yogurt.
2. Once soft and blended and while still hot, add cheese.
3. Add chicken, salt, basil, and curry and mix together.
4. Reserve to fill dough.
1. In a food processor, add flour, salt, sugar, and basil.
2. In a another small dish, blend 4 eggs and the olive oil.
3. Set processor to pulse, and add egg mix gradually until the dough begins to pull together in a rubbery smooth texture.
4. Roll dough out using pasta machine.
5. Blend last egg and water for egg-wash and set aside for assembly.
1. Once dough is rolled out, brush corresponding sheets with egg wash.
2. Drop 1 tbsp of filling onto dough, spaced out about an 1-1 1/2 inches apart
3. Lay corresponding sheet over top of the sheet with filling on it so that egg-washed sides meet, careful to press out air bubbles that may be trapped between sheets.
4. Cook in pot of boiling and salted water until al dente.
5. Serve, Eat, Enjoy!
Recipe Makes 36 Raviolis