The editorial team and staff of HealthyWomen.Full Bio
Learn about our editorial policies
Looking for a high-protein, low-fat snack? Try this sweet cottage cheese.
Prep Time: 15 Min
Ready In: 15 Min
- 1/8 cup raisins or golden raisins
- 1/2 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sweetener, such as agave syrup or honey
- 1-3 tablespoons water (reserved from raisins)
- Put raisins in a small, heat-resistant bowl and cover them with boiling water. Let them sit about 5-10 minutes, until plump. Drain, reserving water.
- Put the cottage cheese, vanilla, cinnamon and sweetener in a blender or food processer and blend well, using the water from the raisins to create the desired consistency.
- Add raisins after mixing. Eat at room temperature or chill, if desired.
This recipe is courtesy of Gourmandize.com.
You might be interested in