Soba noodles, shiitake mushrooms and spinach combine for a hearty, earthy flavor in this simple soup.
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 20 Min
Ready In: 30 Min
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces shiitake mushrooms (caps only)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (9.5-ounce) package soba noodles
- 1/2 bunch spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large skillet on medium heat, heat olive oil. Add mushrooms, scallions, garlic and ginger. Season with salt. Cook and stir occasionally for 6 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and 3 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles, reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook for 1 minute. Add lime juice and soy sauce. Serve immediately.
- Note: For more flavor and protein, add some peeled shrimp when you add the noodles.