- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves, sliced crosswise into 3/4-inch strips
- 1/2 Hass avocado, cubed
- 1/2 mango, cubed
- 12 shrimp, peeled, deveined, cooked, and chopped, plus 4 kept whole
In a blender, combine the lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, honey, and salt, and blend for 30 seconds or until the cilantro is liquefied. Set aside.
Using 4 juice or martini glasses, place 1/4 of the shredded lettuce at the bottom of each glass. Add a layer of avocado, mango, chopped shrimp, and a drizzle of dressing. Finish by adding a sprig of cilantro and one whole cooked shrimp to each glass.
Per serving: 122 Calories, 8.17g Fat , 8.21g Carbs, 4.65g Protein, 2.76g Fiber, 24mg Calcium, 0.91mg Iron, 30mg Sodium, 62μg Folate
The above recipe is taken from Healthy Eating During Pregnancy: 100 Recipes for a Nutritious, Delicious Nine Months by Erika Lenkert with Brooke Alpert. Click here for more.