Load up on vitamin A and fiber, plus omega-3s, in this healthy and simple side dish salad.
Prep Time: 15 Min
Ready In: 15 Min
- 1 pound carrots
- 4 tablespoons of a mixture of dried fruits and seeds, such as raisins, poppy seeds, sesame seeds or sunflower seeds
- Fresh herbs, such as chives or parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 large pinch salt
- Cut the ends off the carrots and peel them. Wash the carrots with cold water and grate the carrots into a large bowl.
- Add the dried fruit mix to the carrots.
- For dressing, mix all ingredients together in a small bowl or jar, whisking or shaking to blend.
- Add the dressing to the carrots and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve.