This colorful, casual meal is surprisingly healthy and easy to prepare.
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 40 Min
Ready In: 55 Min
For the Sweet Potato Oven Fries:
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning blend
For the Salmon Burgers:
- 1 (14.75-ounce) can pink or red salmon
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 8 crackers, unsalted tops (saltine-like), crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 egg whites from 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- 4 whole-wheat buns
- 2 medium tomatoes (sliced)
- 8 leaves bibb lettuce
- Place oven rack in center and heat oven to 425°F.
- Wash and scrub sweet potatoes. Slice into wedges, length-wise.
- In a large bowl, toss potato wedges with canola oil and seasoning.
- Spread wedges on a cookie sheet. Roast in the oven, turning occasionally, until tender and golden brown, about 30-40 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes are roasting, prepare salmon burgers. Drain salmon; place in a medium mixing bowl and flake.
- Fold in green onions and red pepper, crushed crackers, lemon juice, egg whites, yogurt and pepper.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet lightly with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook salmon burgers until golden brown. Turn, and continue cooking until other side is golden brown.
- Serve burgers on whole-wheat buns with sliced tomatoes and lettuce, and sweet potato oven fries.
Amount per serving: Calories: 490; Total Fat: 14 g; Saturated Fat: 2 g; Trans Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 45 mg; Sodium: 590 mg; Carbohydrate: 69 g; Fiber: 11 g; Protein, 25 g.