This easy "detox" soup is a perfect warming winter dish designed to replenish nutrients, help digestion, aid weight loss and recharge your body!
Prep Time: 20 Min
Cook Time: 40 Min
Ready In: 1 Hr
- 1 large Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can light coconut milk or 1 cup rice milk
- 2 cups water; use more for a thinner soup
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, heat)
- 1 cup spinach
- In a large soup pot, add a little bit of water and sauté the onions and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes, parsnips, curry, cinnamon, coconut or rice milk and water to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until all vegetables are cooked thoroughly, about 30 minutes.
- Puree with an immersion blender, food processor or blender. Season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Throw in the spinach at the end, just before serving.