Try a slice of pumpkin bread for a fall breakfast or dessert! Pumpkin makes everything a little healthier with its megadoses of vitamins and potassium.
Prep Time: 20 Min
Cook Time: 1 Min
Cooling Time: 30 Min
Ready In: 1 Hr 50 Min
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Dash of nutmeg, if desired
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 2/3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin
- Mix and set aside the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg (if desired).
- In a separate small bowl, mix and set aside the milk and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, butter or margarine and eggs. Beat until light and fluffy.
- In the large bowl, add the pumpkin and then add half of the dry mix and half of the wet mix. Stir. Repeat and mix all together.
- Pour into a lightly greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow bread to cool in the pans for about 10 minutes. Then unmold onto a wire rack and cool to room temperature before cutting or wrapping.