Mini Salmon Sliders
Photo: Bill Bettancourt
These mini sliders are packed with healthy omega-3 fatty acids, along with more than a day's worth of vitamin A.
Prep Time: 20 Min
Cook Time: 10 Min
Ready In: 30 Min
Servings: 12 sliders
- 24 ounces Atlantic salmon, cubed
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce, divided
- 6 ounces cucumber (preferably hothouse), thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 silver dollar rolls, dinner rolls or mini hamburger rolls
- Place the salmon, coriander and red curry paste in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse until well combined. Then add the cilantro, scallion and 2 tablespoons fish sauce. Pulse to incorporate.
- Form the mixture into 12 patties, approximately 1/2 inch in diameter. Patties can be frozen at this point. If frozen, transfer to refrigerator to defrost before proceeding.
- Toss the cucumber with the rice vinegar and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce. Reserve.
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Brush with a little of the vegetable oil. Cook half the patties until browned on one side, about 2 minutes, then repeat on the second side. Place them on a baking tray in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining patties.
- Toast the burger buns or rolls, if desired. Place bottoms on a work surface and top with the cucumbers. Top each with a pattie. Drizzle the juices from the cucumber on the top half of each bun before closing.
Amount per slider: Calories: 180; Total Fat: 7 g; Sodium: 440 mg; Carbohydrate: 14 g; Fiber: 1 g; Protein, 14 g.
Recipe courtesy of Tina Ruggiero, MS, RD, LD, The Truly Healthy Family Cookbook.