Prep Time: 12 Min
Cook Time: 0 Min
Ready In: 12 Min
- 2 large (or 3 small) ripe, slightly soft mangos, peeled, pitted and cut in large dice
- 1 cup seedless watermelon, cut in large dice
- 1/2 small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 12 small cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 cup watercress, washed and dried
- To prepare the salad: In a medium stainless steel bowl, combine the mango, watermelon, onion, jalapeño and tomatoes.
- To prepare the dressing: In a small bowl whisk the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, honey and salt.
- To serve: Drizzle dressing over the mango mixture and toss with cilantro and watercress.
Serving Suggestion: Remove watercress and pair with grilled chicken or fish.
Amount per serving: Calories: 163 | Total Fat: 4 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 341 mg | Potassium: 434 mg | Carbohydrate: 34 g | Fiber: 4 g | Protein: 2 g.
Recipe from The National Mango Board.