Looking for a healthy recipe to feed a crowd at your next cookout? Try this simple chicken preparation and serve with a tossed salad or green beans.
- 4-5 pounds chicken pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning or seasoned salt
- 6 lemons
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Season chicken pieces with salt, pepper, oregano and adobo seasoning. Place in large airtight container.
- Slice lemons and onions and add to chicken. Add vinegar.
- Smash garlic cloves with back of a spoon to break open and add to chicken.
- Drizzle olive oil over chicken.
- Close container and shake vigorously. Refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days.
- Shake container again before grilling to coat chicken evenly with lemon oil.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Place chicken on grill, cover with onions and lemons if desired.
- Grill until slightly blackened.
- Note: Do NOT put cooked chicken back in the lemon oil or container that held uncooked chicken.
You might be interested in