This healthy side dish is packed with antioxidants, as well as anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer nutrients. Load up on vitamins A and C, along with plenty of fiber.
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 10 Min
Ready In: 20 Min
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter (or 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups shiitake or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4-6 stalks kale, stemmed and chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium sauce pan on medium-low heat, melt the butter and add the garlic.
- After about 1 minute, add the chopped mushrooms. Cook for 5-6 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Add the chopped kale. Mix and cover with a lid and let it steam for about 2 minutes until kale turns bright green in color.
- Remove the lid and add onion and salt and pepper. Stir the mixture well and then serve.