Prepare these tasty baked eggs for brunch, and your guests will never guess it's a healthy recipe!
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 25 Min
Ready In: 40 Min
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green sweet pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh basil
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped tomato (optional)
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add zucchini, onion, sweet pepper, and garlic and cook until the onion is tender, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together with the egg whites, egg, milk and basil. Stir in the zucchini mixture.
- Spray cooking spray in 4 individual quiche dishes or shallow casserole dishes, about 4 1/2 inches in diameter. Pour mixture into the dishes.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until set. Sprinkle each serving with mozzarella cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with chopped tomato, if desired.