Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 20 Min
Ready In: 30 Min
Servings: 12–14 cupcakes
Tofu replaces egg in these ginger-spiced cupcakes, so they make a tasty treat for vegetarians and vegans.
- ½ package House Foods Premium or Organic Tofu Soft, drained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1¼ cup vegan sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a food processor, purée tofu, vanilla and oil until smooth. Once combined, add dry ingredients and pulse a few times.
- With a spatula, scrape the sides and bottom of the food processor. Pulse a few times more.
- In a cupcake pan lined with wrappers, scoop in batter and bake for 20 minutes or until done.
- Once done, let the cupcakes cool in pan. When they have cooled, top with desired frosting and serve..
Amount per cupcake (without frosting): Calories: 150; Total Fat: 6 g; Saturated Fat: 0; Cholesterol: 0; Sodium: 130 mg; Carbohydrate: 24 g; Fiber: 1 g; Sugar, 13 g, Protein, 2 g.
Recipe courtesy of House Foods.