Chopped tomatoes, bell peppers and cucumbers combine with cannellini (white) beans, almonds and a simple vinaigrette for a delicious and satisfyingsalad.
Prep Time: 45 Min
Ready In: 45 Min
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato basil garlic seasoning blend, no-salt
For the bean salad:
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cannellini (white) beans, no-salt-added, drained and rinsed
- Large lettuce leaves (Boston, Bibb or romaine)
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a small sauté pan, toast almond slivers until golden.
- Remove from pan and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, toss dressing with all ingredients except lettuce.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, place lettuce leaves on individual plates; top with salad.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with a glass of non-fat milk, a slice of whole-grain bread and pear slices.
Amount per serving: Calories: 250; Total Fat: 9 g; Saturated Fat: 1 g; Carbohydrate: 33 g; Fiber: 9 g; Protein: 11 g; Sodium: 60 mg.
Recipe courtesy of "What's Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl" and theProduce for Better Health Foundation.