This lentil soup is healthy, filling and perfect for lunch or dinner.
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 45 Min
Ready In: 55 Min
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped medium
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups French lentils
- 2 stalks celery, chopped medium
- 1 large carrot, chopped medium
- 1 large Yukon potato, chopped medium
- 1 large bay leaf
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a medium-sized, heavy pot add olive oil, onions and garlic. Sauté on medium heat until onion edges begin to brown slightly.
- Add lentils, celery, carrot, potato, bay leaf and water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for about 20 minutes or until lentils are tender, but not falling apart. Turn the heat to low.
- Add thyme, parsley, pepper and salt and simmer for 10 minutes to integrate ingredients. Remove bay leaf before serving.
This recipe is courtesy of Kate Brown, founder, Boulder Organic!