This lentil soup is healthy, filling and perfect for lunch or dinner.
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 45 Min
Ready In: 55 Min
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped medium
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups French lentils
- 2 stalks celery, chopped medium
- 1 large carrot, chopped medium
- 1 large Yukon potato, chopped medium
- 1 large bay leaf
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a medium-sized, heavy pot add olive oil, onions and garlic. Sauté on medium heat until onion edges begin to brown slightly.
- Add lentils, celery, carrot, potato, bay leaf and water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for about 20 minutes or until lentils are tender, but not falling apart. Turn the heat to low.
- Add thyme, parsley, pepper and salt and simmer for 10 minutes to integrate ingredients. Remove bay leaf before serving.
This recipe is courtesy of Kate Brown, founder, Boulder Organic!
You might be interested in