The unique flavor of fennel lets you skip the mayo and get plenty of fiber on this healthy tuna sandwich.
Prep Time: 5 Min
Cook Time: 10 Min
Ready In: 15 Min
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 tomato
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread
- 1 small can tuna, packed in olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Steam the fennel for 10 minutes and then cut into thin slices.
- Cut the tomato into thin slices.
- Toast the bread.
- Top one slice of bread with a few slices of tomato and fennel. Drain tuna and mix in lemon juice. Place tuna on sandwich. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with the second slice of bread, and slice down the middle.
You might be interested in