Prep Time: 25 Min
Cook Time: 45 Min
Ready In: 1 Hr 10 Min
This colorful dessert is the perfect light ending to a spring meal!
- 9 tablespoons Eggland's Best 100% Liquid Egg Whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/3 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Beat the egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form.
- Drop meringue into eight mounds on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Shape into 3-inch cups with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 275° for 45-50 minutes or until set and dry. Turn off oven and do not open door; leave meringues in oven for 1 hour.
- Spread cups with lemon curd and fill with fruit.
Amount per serving: Calories: 175; Total Fat: 1 g; Saturated Fat: trace; Carbohydrate: 38 g; Fiber: 2 g; Protein: 3 g.
Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home Magazine.