Potato knishes are easy to make and perfect to serve as part of the Passover meal.
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 30 Min, plus 1 Hr chilling
Ready In: 1 Hr 45 Min
Servings: Makes 12 knishes
- 5 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 2 eggs
- Add potatoes to a large pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil for at least 20 minutes, until soft. Drain and mash potatoes.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onions, potato starch, and eggs. Grease a silicone muffin mold and spoon mixture into it. Cover and bake for one hour.
- Refrigerate knish for one hour before removing from mold. Serve at room temperature.
This recipe is courtesy of kosher.com. Recipe created by Yitty Zimmer and appeared in Whisk by Ami magazine.