Try this healthier alternative to nachos.
Prep Time: 15 Min
Ready In: 15 Min
- 2 ounces pitted black olives
- 2 ounces anchovy fillets (desalted*)
- 2 ounces capers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bag large white corn tortilla chips
- Cherry tomatoes
- To make tapenade, use a blender, hand-held blender or food processor to mix the olives, anchovies, capers and garlic. Gradually add the olive oil and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble, spread the tortillas with a little tapenade. Top each with half a cherry tomato and a basil leaf.
*Note: To desalt canned anchovies, rinse under cold running water or soak in cool water or milk for 15-30 minutes.
This recipe is courtesy of Gourmandize.com.