Cook Time:10 Min
Ready In: 30 Min
- 4 ears fresh corn on the cob, shucked and cooked
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 Hass avocados, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cups mesclun greens
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely minced thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook corn on the cob in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes. Cool and cut kernels from cob into a large bowl.
- Mix all salad ingredients together, except mesclun greens.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together until well-incorporated.
- Pour dressing on salad and serve on a bed of mesclun greens.
Note: The salad may be served in a portobello mushroom cup (as pictured).
Recipe courtesy of Franci Cohen, personal trainer, certified nutritionist and exercise physiologist in Brooklyn, N.Y.