Cook the cod in the microwave and mix in the grapefruit and vegetables for a quick and healthy one-dish meal.
- 2 codfish fillets
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 1 shallot or small onion
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 (8.75-ounce) can of corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Dash of white wine
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place the fish on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove seeds and membrane from the bell peppers and cut into small pieces. Peel and cut the grapefruit, removing seeds. Peel the shallot and finely chop.
- In a hot pan, roast the pine nuts until they become golden-brown, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, mix the rice, peppers, grapefruit, shallot, pine nuts and corn.
- For dressing, whisk together in a small bowl the olive oil, vinegar and white wine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Flake the fish with a fork to break into small pieces. Add the fish and dressing to the rice mixture. Mix well and serve.
You might be interested in