Prep Time: 35 Min
Cook Time: 35 Min
Ready In: 1 Hr 10 Min
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons xanthan gum
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 5 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together the sorghum, tapioca, and rice flours with the cocoa powder, xanthan gum, baking powder, and baking soda.
3. In a large mixer bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in the brown and white sugars; whip until fluffy. Beat in the eggs and egg yolks one at a time. Add the vanilla. On low speed, alternately combine the buttermilk with the flour mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan.
5. To make the icing, in the top of a double boiler over medium high heat, melt the chocolate chips (or use microwave). Remove from heat and cool until warm. Stir in the sour cream and vanilla; add heavy cream. Stir in additional heavy cream to make desired consistency. Once the cake is thoroughly cool, spread a thin layer of frosting over the top.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 430 | Total Fat: 20.8g | Cholesterol: 125mg
Recipe courtesy of AllRecipes.com