Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 35 Min
Ready In: 45 Min
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds (approximately 1 large) butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 8 cups water
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can light chicken and wild rice condensed soup
- 8 slices of whole-grain bread (optional)
- Place onion, garlic and squash in a medium-size pot and add water. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables, preserving the stock in the pot. Transfer the vegetables to a blender and blend until the mixture is smooth. Pour the blend back into the stock.
- Add the soup and simmer for 5-10 minutes until the mixture is white-orange and has an even consistency.
- Serve immediately in bowls with a slice of whole-grain bread on the side (optional).
Amount per serving (8 ounce-bowl)*: Calories: 53; Total Fat: 1.6 g; Saturated Fat: 0.5 g; Cholesterol: 5 mg; Sodium: 826 mg; Carbohydrate: 28 g; Protein, 4.4 g.
*Excludes bread slice