This tart can be cut into squares for a tasty appetizer or served as a main course for lunch or dinner. Use tomatoes fresh from the garden for a summer treat.
- 1 ready-made pie crust or puff pastry dough
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 (4-ounce) ball of buffalo mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Prepare pastry crust according to package directions. Shape the crust in a 9-inch pie plate. Using a fork, pierce the bottom of the crust in a few places.
- Place the tomatoes and artichoke pieces randomly on the dough.
- Tear the mozzarella with your fingers and add the pieces to the tart.
- Season with herbs and salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil over the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
- Note: You may use any combination of herbs for seasoning, such as basil, thyme and oregano.