Packed into this perfectly purple puree are antioxidants, vitamins A, C and E, flavonoids, fiber, zinc and iron! It's appropriate for babies 6 to 9 months.
Prep Time: 5 Min
Cook Time: 10 Min
Ready In: 15 Min
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen spinach
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoons lemon (or lime) juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place spinach in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for about 7 minutes. Drain the spinach.
- Puree the blueberries and spinach separately for about 1 minute, or until smooth texture is achieved.
- Add the pureed spinach and blueberries to the blender with the lemon juice and water. Puree until a smooth texture is achieved. Add more water, as needed, to achieve a smooth texture.
Notes: Be careful to clean appliances and counters as you cook because the blueberries can stain light-colored countertops and appliances.