Make this hearty salad for yourself or a large group, varying the amounts as desired. The lentils and chia seeds add protein, fiber and healthy omega-3s.
- Golden beets
- Mixed greens
Lemon Tahini Dressing:
- Olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- Honey, to taste
- Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- Chia seeds
- Roast beets at 400°F for about 45 minutes, or until easy to pierce with a knife. Let cool and remove the skins.
- Cook the lentils according to package directions (or use leftover lentils, if available). Drain and chill.
- Chop the greens, spinach and tomatoes. Cut grapes in half.
- On a serving plate or platter, layer the greens, spinach, tomatoes, beets, lentils and grapes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, tahini and honey.
- Mix in the garlic and parsley. Pour dressing over salad.
- Top with chia seeds.