This easy asparagus recipe captures the light, bright flavors of spring. Perfect for Easter dinner or anytime!
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 10 Min
Ready In: 20 Min
- 2 pounds asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Parsley sprig, minced (for garnish)
- Cook asparagus in a large pot of boiling water until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Drain, rinse with cold water to cool quickly and drain again.
- Pat dry. Wrap in a paper towel and then plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Melt margarine in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add lemon peel and garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add asparagus and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice. Sauté until asparagus is heated through and coated with Gremolata sauce, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to platter. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Amount per serving: Carbohydrate: 6 g; Fiber: 3 g; Protein, 3 g.
Recipe courtesy of "What's Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl" and Cornell University Cooperative Extension, Eat Smart New York!