Ahi tuna, also known as yellowfin or bigeye tuna, is packed with healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Add some simple Asian seasonings and sear on a hot grill for a delicious dinner. Serve over a bed of greens for a complete meal.
Prep Time: 10 Min
Marinate Time: 4 hours or overnight
Cook Time: 5 Min
Ready In: 4 Hours 15 Min
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 pounds of ahi (or yellowfin) tuna steak
- Mix together the onions, cilantro, sesame seeds, garlic, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil and hot sauce in a large bowl.
- Place the tuna steaks in a large deep-dish glass pan and pour the marinade mixture over the tuna. Place the pan in the fridge to marinate overnight.
- Once ready to cook, place the tuna steaks on a hot grill or you can cook on a stove-top grill. Cook to desired doneness. For rare tuna, sear over high heat for 2-2½ minutes per side; for more well-done tuna, cook 4-5 minutes per side, being careful to avoid overcooking. Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.