Jaimie has been a journalist and writer for more than 25 years and has lived and worked all over the world. She began her career in Washington, DC, in the press office of the Clinton/Gore Presidential Transition and then went on to the DC bureau of the Sunday Times of London. From there, Jaimie moved to Johannesburg, where she reported for the Sunday Times of London, Newsweek and Independent News & Media — the largest local newspaper group in the country. She was also the founding editor of Africa Focus, a mining journal covering sub-Saharan Africa.
Jaimie’s work has appeared in a wide variety of publications including The Washington Post, The Boston Globe, Newsweek, Business Insider, New York Magazine, Marie Claire, Glamour and O, The Oprah Magazine.
Jaimie is the mother of two children and lives in New Hampshire. When she's not working, Jaimie enjoys taking long walks with her dog Bailey while listening to books.Full Bio
Learn about our editorial policies
Medically reviewed by Andrea Apolo, M.D.
This resource was created with support from Astellas and Seagen.
- My Symptoms Were Dismissed as Hemorrhoids, but I Had Colon ... ›
- When I was 32, I Was Getting Ready to Marry and Have Kids. Then I ... ›
- Taking Control of My Crohn's Disease - HealthyWomen ›
- After Years of Suffering and Shame, I'm Now a Proud Crohn's ... ›
- Life After Diagnosis: Navigating the Things You Love with Urothelial ... ›